Friday, February 8, 2019

Donkey Family Jora & Marri























Jora & Marri ~ Donkey Family
by artist © Karrel Christopher
Original oil on board painting 70 x 55 cm, frame available
Sometimes the joy of love just cannot be contained – and why should it?! All beings glow in the sweetness of compassion and relationship.
For several years, Jora had a close relationship with another older donkey that the Kid’s Farm manager referred to as her “grandmother” (name Pipa). Their history was unclear but was believed to include giving exhausting rides on back and in carts - and being transported for holiday nativity scenes. Their retirement to the Kid’s Farm was far from perfect but certainly less demanding.
The years I volunteered there, I did my best to advocate for respect and improved care for them and for all the farm residents. We had become very good friends. Until then, I had never realized how smart, loving and affectionate donkeys are. Donkey hugs are very special!!
After a time “grandmother” Pipa became very unwell and was separated from Jora. I will never forget her heartbreaking desperate cries from Jora as Pipa was dragged away. Sadly, grandmother Pipa did not recover from her illness. I fear with the prevailing apathy and comments about her “just being old” that they just “put her down” rather than giving her a chance with reasonable veterinary care.
For Jora, the months that followed were sad, lonely and full of anxiety. I visited with her as often as possible – bringing her healthy treats, helping with clean up and grooming and just sitting with her. Our long gentle talks and warm hugs meant the world to me...and hopefully helped her feel supported in her loneliness. The search was on to find her a new companion...but it seemed to go painfully slow for a donkey suffering alone. The other goats and sheep would sniff and greet her through the fence but it just was not the same as having her own species to connect with – in person.
Finally, the happy day arrived and I was thrilled to assist in ushering in the new young donkey friend “Marri”. I spent hours with them overseeing the introductions and reassuring them both. It all went so smoothly – dare I say perfectly – it seemed to be love at first sight for them both. Jora’s months of loneliness were finally over and sweet lovely Marri was no longer having to compete in a large herd of donkeys where she was born. She seemed very very at ease in her new home.
As the hours, days, weeks and months went by – I could see and feel the depth of their love and connection grow. Their attitude, behavior and health simply blossomed with caring, love and joy. I was so very blessed to share in so many wonderful days with them – our closeness growing with every visit.
Though I no longer am able to visit with my donkey friends, I carry their gentleness and kindness in my heart. They taught me so much about love and have changed my life for the better. In this painting endeavored to portray the colorful energy of their relationship...and a love that can help heal a weary world.
All beings cherish safety, family, freedom and LIFE
~~~ Live, rejoice and prosper VEGAN ~~~
Create a world respectful, just, safe and joyous for everyone.
ART website: https://www.karrelchristopher.com/
Art on Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/Karrel-Christopher-ART-Photograph…/
Due to the discovery of several thefts of my art images being used for unauthorized, unlicensed merchandise sales and frequent downloads and shares without credits and links – I will no longer be sharing quality resolutions images. If you should have sincere interest in a painting you are considering for purchase – contact me for more information and better resolution photos via private e-mail. Many thanks for your understanding, consideration and support.
Please feel welcome to share with me your e-mail if you desire to be on my ART mailing list to receive creative updates. ~ KC

No comments:

Post a Comment